Monday, 28 October 2013
Tuesday, 22 October 2013
It's our Cake & Craft Fair this Saturday (October 26th) and it's going to be a goody.
Lots of fabulous homemade cakes (but more always welcome) with teas and real coffee
Sparkly Sonia's infamous face-painting (arms, noses and legs too)
Acupressure treatments from Sarah Hewlett (make sure you sign in when you get to the hub to book your treatment as they are popular)
We launch our winter raffle
Craft Stalls with great goodies - start Christmas shopping early (jewellery, knitted goods, stocking fillers, Sonia's artwork, Nina's handmade books, hats, jams and more)
Making Table with Nina Fenner - card creations
Wendy from The Still Rooms will be sharing her tips on making cosmetics at home
We have our Makers Table with craft materials for sale
Hope to see you on Saturday
Thursday, 17 October 2013
We have Wendy from The Still Rooms running a one-off session at the hub. She is taking bookings now:
I have been meeting with a lovely lady called Arlene from Sprouting Fitness who is keen to run classes at the hub and I am very keen for her to join us.
Tuesday, 15 October 2013
It's been an amazing couple of weeks. I think the pixies have aligned and brought us to a good place...
- The Snazzy Snood Competition is soon to be launched which is the follow up to The Great Exeter Tea Cosy Competition
- We have amazing donations coming through for our Christmas raffle (more always appreciated) so do grab a ticket or two when they go on sale
- I am thrilled to be working with an amazing organisation called Kissing It Better alongside everything 'hub'
- We have two Cake & Craft Fairs coming up on Oct 26th and Nov 23rd from 10:30-4 and they are looking great
- Liz and I are meeting with a lovely lady who is starting a research project on therapeutic knitting
- I am meeting with someone to discuss smartening up our image. Apparently my random poster making isn't along the right lines and we should have a hub font and colour palette...I am ready to learn!
- The recent feedback from Carers' TLC Meetings shows that we have to keep the meetings going as they are making a huge difference to the lovely people who come
- The mindfulness course at the hub is getting really good feedback too and making a huge difference to people (including me and therefore the hub!)
Saturday, 12 October 2013
The follow up to The Great Exeter Tea Cosy Competition is coming soon and whilst getting everything ready I have been looking back over the videos from last year. We had such good fun making them and I am really looking forward to making this years videos.
Friday, 11 October 2013
I haven't made a film of our second year...yet! But here is the film I made to celebrate our first birthday and watching it reminds me how important it is to take photos to help remember all the good times we have had together. As a hub community...we rock!
Wednesday, 9 October 2013
Our Carers' TLC meetings are really special. They are focussed on giving our fabulous carers (and they really are amazing people) a bit of break in their crazily busy lives and maybe a treatment to pamper them too. Not only it is often physically demanding to care for someone who is totally reliant, it is often emotionally demanding too as they try and juggle the additional demands of a disabled child or elderly parent. ANYWAY, I will get to the point... I am looking for our next wave of wonderful people to lead our 2014 Carers TLC sessions. So far we have had tai chi, singing, glass painting, origami, collage, creative wiring, reflexology, acupressure, nailing painting, crochet...so literally anything goes. Have you got something you would like to share and an hour between 2-3pm on Mondays? Please email Joey on firstname.lastname@example.org. We have a little pot of money to pay for travel or to cover costs. Thank you