Tuesday 17 January 2012

Monday and Tuesday so far...

The hall is all set up for choir, coffees and teas are ready, the health centre is ready for the day and whilst making myself a cup of tea to congratulate myself on lugging chairs very successfully I found two iced buns lying on the side. So I've eaten them. Thank you Han for accidentally leaving them and I owe you.

Yesterday we had lots of mummies and babies in at lunchtime. We had singers come in to check that choir is all ready to go today and passers by. Yoga babies started off the day and Daisy Birthing rounded it off. The evening was busy too at home taking calls from groups that would like to use the hub. Sadly Pilates tonight (Tuesday) is cancelled but the Friday morning is obviously a more popular slot so that is going ahead.

I am trying to work out what to do with the hub over the busy weekends though out the summer holidays. Lottie has plans for lots of Blue Peter bring and buy sales/cake sales as she is determined to get her next badge. We'll see. Any ideas?

More later...I have to go to choir.

It's now later...

Choir was brilliant. There is nothing else to say. Just brilliant.

And Lisa's craft group was just like it should be...busy and buzzy and fun and lots of people so chuffed with what they have created. 









We have had lots of bookings today which is great from schools to art societies. I had someone show me how to make fire and how to sew with dental floss. We had jam deliveries and chocolate deliveries and we had ginger and apple cake deliveries too (thank you Sonia). I had a lovely lady in a green coat who wants to come and talk art and a university student who wants to talk dads. You just never know what the day is going to bring and today was a particularly gone one.

And a big thank you to my mum who has been a fabulous washer-upper today.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention and hello to Sonia (just saw you in the photos), from the lady in the green coat. Looking forward to dropping by again very soon, Jane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will always be known as the lady in the green coat!

      Delete
  2. Choir was indeed brilliant! Great songs, great people, great fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for next week...do do ron ron ron, do do ron ron!

      Delete