Saturday 16 October 2010

Saturday Flu Clinic

How many questions do you think we answer in a day? Or ask for that matter? The phrase, "Would you like hot or cold milk in your coffee?" rings in my head as I've said it so many times today. I have said it three times more than I needed to as I have repeated it often: I speak too fast and my customers are often hard of hearing. Other key questions that sum up my day...
"How were your tomatoes this year?"
"Has the garden done well?"
"What's in the soup?"
"Are you busy?"
"Earl grey or ordinary?"
"Another go on the tombola?"
"What are you looking for?"
So nothing very exciting but we did have a huge number of lovely people who appreciated our cups of tea and smiles after being jabbed in the arm with a large needle.

Sadly though...not even a sniff of a prize on the tombola! Though cunningly Jan managed a couple of second hand prizes. I think she will look fabulous in her new floral pinny whilst scoffing liquorice allsorts!

No comments:

Post a Comment