Wednesday 20 October 2010

The Big Smoke

We sat in carriage A (the quiet carriage) found three seats together next to a woman who was still rebelling in the fact that someone in the carriage had just been moved on for being too noisy. That's the biggest sin you can commit in carriage A.
Now Ruth(our health facilitator) and I are not know for our quiet voices and lack of conversation. This was going to be a torturous journey. The woman opposite glared at Simon and myself as we whispered our plans for the day. I took my new vows of silence so seriously that when Ruth got on at Tiverton, I texted her to explain.

Anyway, today is knit and natter group at the cafe and I know they will be oooohing and ahhhing over Jan's fabulous knitted mince pies and Christmas puddings. Nicole has taken her new role as corner monitor very serious and has ensured ever corner of the cafe is ordered and Spick and span. Klaas has a good number for his Feldenkrais course so all is good in cafeland.

Meanwhile Simon (our boss), Ruth and myself are off to the Bromley by Bow centre so continue our work on the project: Integrated Self Care in Family Medicine. It is an amazing place (google it) and is one of our partners in the project. We will meet with Alex Laird (www.livingmedicine.org) to discuss future plans. Alex is running a course at the cafe on 17th November so book a space if you are interested. The end of my forefinger is numb from typing this on my phone's keyboard so I will leave it there for now and edit all the mistakes when I reunite with my laptop :)

No comments:

Post a Comment