Wednesday 26 October 2011

School Friend Pops By!

It was a great day at the hub. Roberta started us off with some gentle hatha yoga. If you are interested in joining you can pop along at 9:45am next Wednesday or get in contact with me. 
The lunchtime ‘pop in for coffee’ time was fabulously busy. We had the couple from Wales who I was able to point towards crafty shops in Exeter after they had finished chatting to the man who dropped in for a coffee and a chat (he used to holiday in Wales so there was a lot to chat about). Then came Mel and two her lovely children (seriously lovely children) Theo and Lucy who drew postcards for our gallery of a kingfisher and a ying and yang symbol. Mel is a friend from school who I haven’t seen for 20 years. I didn’t sleep well last night which I hadn’t really thought about until Mel popped by and then the thought crossed my mind that if you see someone once very 20 years today isn’t really the day I would have chosen! Jane came with her knitting and needed help with the instructions. Then came two ladies for coffee who tried to help Jane as they were knitters but couldn’t so I sent Jane through to Jenny in reception and they worked it out together. Emily and Audrey came for knitting only Audrey is weeks old and so not very good yet. In popped Zoe and the kids who couldn’t stay long because they needed lunch. Then Ailsa (how do you spell that?) came by with Alan for baby signing which was a busy session. All in all that was a good day.
Lucy, Theo and Mel
Theo's kingfisher (I haven't taken a photo of Lucy's yet)
I was offered a trip out to the Cathedral to look for inspiration only I was stood up (I hope you are reading this Peter). I will get over it with the help of a large eccles cake from Town Mill Bakery in Lyme Regis. My Lottie and her aunties and cousins went for a fossil-hunting day trip there today and the telepathy worked because when we met up half an hour ago they had my very favourite eccles cake for me in a brown paper bag.
I also started ringing the magazines and newspapers to say we have arrived on the scene. 
Someone (Carol) had a brilliant idea today. We do wonderful Saturday cake and craft fairs once a month but if you or anyone you know would like to use The Hub for coffee mornings, cake sales, crafty events or anything else on the other Saturdays - I would love to hear from you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment