Tuesday 24 July 2012

It's Pie Time Tomorrow at Exeter Baking Club


I am so looking forward to tomorrow. We have coffee time at noon-1:30 and the paddling pool is ready and tested (complete with sealife and boats) and then it is baking club at 1:30-3:30pm (everyone welcome, families too - bring a sweet pie and the recipe and share. £3). My chocolate key lime pie with french meringue topping is still in ingredient form at the moment but I love a bit of late night baking on a Tuesday. And it's the blowtorch bit I am excited about.



Today Penny started in the centre covering reception which frees me up to go and do al things hub. I started with a chat with Simon from CVS so tomorrow as well as dropping off my Community Arts Chain bunting triangle, I am going to go and join. 

NCT Bumps and Babes was really lovely and busy. On a hot day the hub was a cool spot to chill. 

We had lots of visitors popping in to say hi, grab a coffee, see the roof and book slots for courses starting in September. I love being able to leave the door open and wait and see who turns up. 

If you are a Facebook user or Tweeter, those are excellent ways of keeping in touch with day to day news from the hub and also what's on in Exeter.

I am starting a 'How to Build Community' board at the hub. It is for something we are doing with Exeter City Football Club and The Fruit Tree. It is a list of ideas of how to build community. It would be lovely to have your thoughts. It would be lovely if you came and added to the list but if that's not possible if you want to email them or post them below that would be really great.

I am creating a blackboard timetable tomorrow (I hope I will get around to it) so it should be easy to pop by and see what is going on at a glance. I think if I do two months at a time, that should be enough to start with. The plan is to have to giant timetables in the alley so people can see what is going on even if there is a course on...any thoughts would be really appreciated. 

It's going to be a busy one tomorrow. I am off to start making this key lime pie :)



No comments:

Post a Comment