Tuesday 18 September 2012

Choir is Back!

It was so good to have choir back at the hub. Hannah from Magic Carpet came to see what it was all about and Debs was there to help as well as choir leader Peter. There was a real buzz as soon as they all arrived. We had new members too. It's such a great group. One of the new members came up to me afterwards to tell me what a fabulous time she had had and this was the same lady who wasn't sure whether to get up and come when she woke up this morning. I'm glad she did.

I sat at the end of the alley and worked on my laptop and listened to them. The sun was shining and it's such a great view down the alley. I did a good job writing my bid for a new project. The atmosphere helped a lot. I was joined an noon by Sparkly Sonia who had come to run the crafting session and Gay's sister who had come to collect her from choir. We squeezed onto the bench and polished off a little more of Lauren's white chocolate torte. 

Sonia was decorating mirrors today. She's such a star. My hoover isn't so fond of her with the amount of glitter it was forced to pick before the babies arrived for Bumps & Babes. The Bumps and Babes group were facilitator-less today but they were just fine...and busy. They did a great job of tidying up too. Thank you ladies.

I sat in the sun with Brana to finish off my bid. We put the world to rights. Then it was back to sort out the hub. One of my weekend groups has made the top of my bin disappear and they've done a great job. I have looked everywhere *big sigh*. Looks like we are going to have a new bin asap. 

A lovely lady came by to find out more about English Classes and ended up with a list of places to go and people to meet...starting with The Devon Grapevine. Earlier today another visitor went home with a long list of baby groups/people/places. It's so good to be able to do that kind of thing. 

And no photos...not one. I have my camera in my bag at all times and forget to use it. I have been challenged to take a lot of photos for World Peace Day tomorrow. I must remember. I must remember. I must remember.

Tomorrow at the hub...It's a busy one. Double YOGA with Roberta 9:45 and then 10:55, COFFEE TIME & KNITTING group with Liz noon -1:30pm, BAKING CLUB with Lauren and the theme is chocolate. Everyone welcome just pop along with something baked at 1:30-3:30. New group THE INTERCOM TRUST will be very welcome in the afternoon and then TAI CHI at 6:30-7:15pm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment