Sunday 23 September 2012

World Peace Day in Princesshay Square

I was really nervous about World Peace Day celebrations. I collaborated with Exeter Mind & Body next door for the first time and the success of Friday's celebrations relied upon all the local performers turning up and having the guts to perform in Princesshay and all to raise awareness of World Peace Day. And you know what...most of them did and for that I will be forever grateful and remember them all fondly. There were some real highlights. For me they were watching Cathy & Sean dance the Argentine tango along with others in their group. I know Cathy & Sean but I rarely see them dance. I was transfixed. I loved Dudley and his hurdy gurdy. The sound carried so well and I had the best company with me. And Rob from Magic Carpet who stepped up to the stage after a bit of a gap but was fabulous. I loved his REM cover.

It was a great day meeting lots of new people and sharing good times in the name of peace.
Please do take a look at the videos on www.peaceoneday.org

























No comments:

Post a Comment