Monday 22 October 2012

The end of last week...

I haven't finished blogging from last week. I know the end of the week was a bit of a blur and that's because I was up until 2:30am on Saturday morning finishing the next Tea Cosy Competition film. I am getting faster just not as fast as I would like to be. There will be a third film so if you would like to be in it let me know.



Friday was photo for the Express & Echo day. It's hard to be in a photo and to take a photo so we called on Darren's services. Handily Darren is writing a book at the Devon & Exeter Institution next door and never goes anywhere without his camera. I bit of 'how to take a cheesy photo' guidance and ta da...

We wanted Little Penny in the photo too but she couldn't do cheesy like Liz and me but she is going to be all over the web instead.

Then had a meeting with a doctor about self help strategies for alcoholics and addicts. It is not an area I know very much about but it was interesting to hear what he and his wife were planning for the Exeter area.

Coffee time was bonkers. I think everyone gets a bit excited on Fridays. I know there was some baby wrestling going on and that some babies were keener than others and I know I had to Lottie-proof the hub (little Lottie not my Lottie) and I know I ate a lot biscuits.

The tiny tiles arrived in the post for the people in Lauren's mosaic. We were struggling to get the detail for the people and this was our last shot before scrapping Lottie's people design and sticking in more grass and sky. Lauren flew in and out but not before knocking up this little fella. The white trousers were my work and they've got to go. But it's looking good.

Saturday we had NANA Kick Off meeting here at the hub. Anne who organised the meeting was so enthusiastic. http://www.nanowrimo.org It's a great website. 

This morning started with excitements. I wanted to paint the area of the ceiling where there was a small leak last winter which left two large yellow streaks down the wall. This was a bit of an eyesore. It was quite exciting as you have to go through a hatch in the wall which brings you out into a little room behind the panel above our community loo. There was a small hole in the ceiling which I squeezed through and that took me onto a ply floor which is like a lid on the 'gallery'. I was doing fine with a little help until I turned around and came face-to-face with one of our lions. Up close they aren't pretty. They have red painted mouths and are clearly not keen on you getting too close. 







Half term activities:
The Best Beekeeper of Lalibela, Theatre of Dreams arts, craft and drama workshop for 7-12 year olds.



Lauren's baking club on Wednesday 31st October 1:30-3pm

Date for your diary...
There is no craft fair in November so the next one on 1st December.


No comments:

Post a Comment