Thursday 15 December 2011

Bloomin' Brilliant

Sometimes I step outside of my comfort zone and although it is not easy to do, after the event I look back and can't believe I would have missed whatever it was. When I look back on how many fun times I must have turned down over the years because I was worried about something, or didn't want to look silly or it was easier not to go - I must have missed some great times. The reason for saying this is that tonight I joined the choir. I don't sing in front of people. I have been scared of singing for 25 years since I was once told I couldn't. I know I am one of many who feel the same. But tonight I went to the hub's new community choir, organised by Magic Carpet and led by Peter. I didn't sing at the start. My Lottie did. She's a great little singer. But then I thought "Why not?" I thought, "What's the worse that can happen?". So I put Lottie on 'out of tune' duty. A quick elbow in the ribs and I would know to stop. But she didn't lay a finger on me. She said I was fine. And I loved it. I sang songs that I have listened to other people sing for years. It is true that singing is good for you - for the spirit and the lungs. So tonight, instead of collapsing on the sofa and blogging, I went out to join a choir. I sang, I drank tea, I met new people, I got the odd hug and made music!

Bloomin' brilliant.

Thank you Peter and Rob (and all the singers).




No comments:

Post a Comment