Tuesday 22 November 2011

Just Like Jan Used to Make

I had a unexpectedly wonderful trip down Fore Street today. It really is full of fabulous little shops run by lovely people. I started at Exeter Ramblers who generously donated a £20 wash bag camping gadgety bag for our raffle. Then I want to Shaker Maker and met Lynne who makes amazing baguettes which taste like they should. I ate mine while she was making a sweetie goodie bag as another raffle prize. I popped into Heavenly Yarns (so good for wool) and Bunnyip (button-tastic) before whizzing back to the hub for coffee time. Rach has done an amazing job collecting prizes from all over the place. So a BIG thank you. 


Lisa missed printing group today as she had a burst pipe at home. She rang me with a leaking pipe in one hand and a phone in the other. Poor Lisa. It was lovely to see Emma, Elenor, John and Ellen today.


Fleur popped by to drop off some beautiful knitted booties and I know Andy is dropping off some of his mum Jenny's knitting on Friday. Jenny is the lady who caused such a stir at the art sale with her knitted dolls. 


Sophie ran her toddler Wriggle Rhythm session today at 2pm. If you have a little one between 18 months - 3 years who loves singing, moving and play - Sophie creates a magical, stimulating and fun environment. She transforms the hub into somewhere even more magical. Sophie also runs a baby group Wriggle Rhythm group on Friday at 11am. Wriggle Rhythms website


SOPHIE IS ALSO ORGANISING A BABY FAIR AT THE HUB ON THE GREEN ON 8TH DECEMBER. LET ME KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE MORE INFORMATION. 


Tomorrow we start with Gentle Hatha Yoga with Roberta at 9:45am. You can just come along and pay per session. Then coffee time and knitting group at noon. Now I can finger knit, I can join in! Hurray! Then Sophie has baby signing. 


One day until Rach and I get to stand back admire her horde of raffle prizes
Two days until we are in the Echo
Three days until I get to have tea and toast at Real Food with Peter
Four days until our Christmas Cake and Craft Fair (with Becky's chocolate cake!)


I am making miniature Christmas cakes. It reminds me of Jan who I worked with at our cafe. It was her idea to make mini ones and they were so popular. Jan set the bar high so fingers crossed. 
Jan making her Mini Christmas cake in our cafe days

This is what I'm aiming for!

No comments:

Post a Comment