Friday, 25 November 2011

Late Night Baking

I am just waiting for the chocolate chip and vanilla marble cake to come out of the oven. It's been a busy day but that sort of day is good especially when you have special times within in. 

At 10:30 I was collected by Peter who is running our community choir. We went to Real Food for rye toast and date flapjack. Peter does some amazing things and is a lot of fun. Yesterday he helped some lucky children in Somerset put on a musical in a day. Greece Lightning...about the Ancient Greeks. Love it! I am really looking forward to our sings. We are starting with two Christmas sings on the evenings of 15th and 22nd December and then it will be on Tuesday mornings in the new year. 

I arrived back at the hub to find Sophie's Wriggle Rhythms group had grown to 13. It was such a party. Brilliant!

The lunchtime session was busy. David labelled up his jams and chutneys for tomorrow. We took delivery of lots more of Jenny's knitting for tomorrow's craft fair and Becky's chocolate cake with chocolate buttons.   Becs husband Andy dropped them all off. Thank you Andy. 

We spent the afternoon setting up the fair. It's looking great. Mum and Lottie were great as always busy bunnies. Mum took Lottie out for the evening while I went along to Gloss Gallery to support Magic Carpet's Charity Art Auction. I rushed out the door with my wallet and my keys (but no phone). I only intended to have a quick look and at most put in a sealed bid but I was sucked in by the lure of the auction. I had my '15' paddle and sat down (no watch, no clock, no phone). It was great. I loved every minute of it. I bought Lottie an amazing piece which I will give her for Christmas. For less than the price of a dinner for two (that's how we compare prices) she will have something to treasure for years to come. But shhhh! Don't tell her. Then there was this amazing thing (I can't say as it is for my nephew and my sister reads this) which I really liked. The auctioneer was bidding against me and I nodded to him to say that he could have this one for himself but he took it as a bid. It was clearly meant to be. Then came the painting I had been waiting for. I was sitting next to the artist and I really wanted it. I had seen it in the back of Carol's car when she was driving the artworks from the Magic Carpet office to the gallery and I fell in love with it there and then. Then there was another painting which is for someone else's Christmas present but again, just stunning. As soon as it was over, I ran out of the gallery and collected my phone to find many missed calls. Lottie was safe with Mum and when she came home I asked her if she liked our new painting...

"Wow, it's lovely. But where are you going to put it because you haven't found room for the picture I made you last Christmas yet?"
And you know what? She has a point. But I never do impulsive things like that. I think it was Peter's influence this morning. So my painting is now propped up on the back of the sofa. And it will probably stay until the end of 2012. 

No comments:

Post a Comment