Thursday 25 August 2011

A Date for Your Diary

Scrapstore were celebrating exciting things today so we got a little held up there this morning. There were photographers, men in suits, champagne and nibbles as well as their usual treasure trove of goodies. A big congratulations as Scrapstore is now a charity and no longer part of city council. Hence the celebration. While I was there, I was introduced to Clare (Education Manager – Performance & Music from The Phoenix), she is responsible for all the wonderful things that Lottie has been up to at The Phoenix this summer. An absolute bonus as we had a good chat. And I met the lovely Jo (one of our practitioners daughters) who is running Scrapstore. 


Then we met Wolfpaw. An incredibly knowledgable man who told us more about the hall's history and pointed out features I hadn't noticed and explained their relevance. I couldn't take it all in but I hope he will add to his blog. I have such a sore neck tonight. I am not sure if it is all the looking up or the result of trying to sort room layouts and furniture choices. Thank goodness for Grangran who scooped Lottie up and took her for Nutella and ice-cream crepes followed by conker-hunting. I think I missed out there. 


Reminder: I am away until Tuesday (I am going to stand in a muddy field but it will be worth it to hear my fabulous little brother play with his band Gobi). From Tuesday I am back in the hub and taking bookings. 


Keep Saturday 10th September free if you like crafts and cakes...more details to follow.


I am also on the scrounge...clean jam jars, wool, material offcuts and unwanted books can find a good home at the hub. I will trade for cups of tea and coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment