Friday 21 October 2011

Friday at the Hub

Someone said today that they sympathised with me (or maybe felt sorry for me) as they imagined me sitting late at night blogging away on my laptop. I like this bit. If my day was all about having a wonderful time with people and then collapsing at the end of the day to write it all  down I would be one happy bunny. In fact that is my job...but there are a few skip-loads of old office and a lot of painting and decorating to do before it is my only job. We need to get the old office looking like it did in 1991! I am hoping a lick of paint will do it. I may pop a bit of Salt 'n' Pepa on to make it feel like 1991 (I just googled Now That's What I Call Music 1991 and oh boy is that one album to put on my wish list...I have just looked on eBay and the double cassette is only £2.99 - first this this morning we freecycled the cassette player :( bother). 


Thank you to David who came in today and was great company. He drew us some fabulous cats for inspiration for our knitters. Look at these cats he found:



Anyway this week in summary:


Rachael dropped off 200 posters for our cake and craft fair on the 5th November in a 3 hour period. She deserves a medal. It's great to see them in all the shops on the high street.
Knit and natter is growing and we had two new members this week. 
We made felt decorated bags in Kim's stitching group today. 





I ordered my first skip.
We confirmed the details for Peter's Community Choir at the hub (15th & 22nd December 5:30pm start and then tuesday mornings in the new year).
Roberta started her yoga classes.
The Sustainable Health Practice has really settled in and our herbalists, acupuncturists, reflexologists, osteopaths and alexander technique teachers have done great job to move practices so brilliantly. if you would like to have a look around, next time you are in the hub just ask to go through. They are only next door. 
We have confirmed baby signing classes at the hub so if you have a little one between 0 - 18 months old and are interested in finding out more - let me know. 
Would you be interested in Tai Chi classes as it is something we have in the pipeline?


Reminders:
Yoga Babies (starting on Monday 31st October) has a couple more places.
The Craft Hub's Make and Take Club on Mondays at 4-5pm for children and their parents/grandparents/special person have a few more places.
Pop along groups are knit and natter (noon on Wednesdays) and Stitching group (noon on Fridays) but you can pop along at noon on Mondays and Tuesdays too. 





No comments:

Post a Comment