Wednesday 12 October 2011

Knit and Natter-tastic!


We had such a surprising morning. Sainbury's gave me lots of things for my Macmillan Raffle. The buying of raffle tickets by emailing and texting is getting really funny. I have so many orders for tickets. Thank you everyone and we have just had relaxation sessions donated too and I will put some lovely Phoenix card goodies into the prize pot. 

Rach came and ran knit and natter. Ellen came to join us and a lady called Deborah (on the right in the photo) popped in. It turns out that her grandmother used to live in the building where we have our health practice adjacent to the Hub and she first came to the hub when she was three weeks old. Then later on in her life in 1979 she came back to work in the basement for Ford Simey. I gave Deborah a tour of the building and she had such stories of grandfathers knocking trays of laps in the top bedroom, knocking kettles over and scalding her feet in the living room on the third floor, running around the garden which is now our car park and giving her mother a fight as she leapt dangerously close to the cellars as well as the now boarded up secret tunnels in the building. I do hope we see Deborah again. What a lady!

I did actually knit this week - I did four short rows all by myself! Good job me!

It is our coffee morning tomorrow from 10am-12noon for anyone who would like to pop by. I would love to see you all (as opposed to sitting alone with a stack of cake!). I am making flapjack, chocolate cake, cherry and almond cake...um...and the others will be a surprise. 

Raffle prizes are fab and tickets are £1 a strip. 

Make and Take Club on a Monday night from 4-5pm for parents and their children is filling up. Email registration@thecrafthub.co.uk for further details or to register. 



1 comment:

  1. Am aiming to be there providing I feel a bit better!

    so glad this week's been going so well. Xxx

    ReplyDelete