Tuesday 13 September 2011

Baby Yoga, Meditation and Next Month's Craft Fair

The day started well. Nikki Huddart has confirmed that she is running a 6 week course of baby yoga at the hub after half term (more details to follow). For this course 0-12 month-ish babies are perfect. Let me know if you are interested in more details. 


Then I met with Rach and Sharon to go though plans for the next craft fair on 1st October. We looked at the comments online (thank you Lee and Becky) and those given in person on the day and have some exciting things to add including more children's craft activities, a recipe swap and an adult tombola plus we are making the pop-up cafe larger and more comfy. I am already excited. Plus I have two new helpers - thank you Peter and Sal and our bakers are all ready making promises of cakes. It's looking good already. If you have a place you would like to put a poster or have a good advertising spot please let us know. 


Sharon made me a fab new keyring. It must have taken her ages as it has layers of felt to make a rainbow. Such a clever bunny.

Then the Mulveys popped by. The fabulous Mulveys (armed with a map from Jenny at Argyle House Practice) came with their lovely but sniffly granddaughter Holly. So Simon you can relax - the map works! The Mulveys are magic and fun and full of stories and enthusiasm. I missed them when we left the cafe but today they hunted me down and I am so glad they did. 


Joan popped by and we talked furniture for the top floor offices. We are getting there and when I get to the fourth floor of Notaries House I am not nearly as puffed out as I used to be so I'm getting fitter. Plus we now have a stunning desk for the reception area. 


Jude booked in meditation classes which will be on either a Tuesday or a Wednesday night (TBC). The hall is a very quiet space (when I stop talking). You can't hear any traffic or unpleasant noises which is quite usual for central Exeter. They knew how to build a well-insulated wall in the 1400s.


I am putting in a Phoenix card order at the end of the month and orders will be delivered to you a week later. If you would like to place an order you can email me, ring me or pop into the hub. Alternatively you can now order online. You don't need to pay until you receive your goodies. The address is http://www.phoenix-trading.eu/web/joeylee/Store.php and all the profits go into the hub. If you like to flick through the brochure rather than shopping online or you would like a Christmas brochure let me know. 


If you don't know what I am talking about, Phoenix Trading has a fabulous range of greetings cards, wrapping paper, stationary and gifts all at very reasonable prices and they are beautiful. I sell them to raise money for the hub. You can see them at out monthly craft fairs, buy them online (see above) or have a leisurely look at the brochure (just ask and I will send you one). I have lots of cards in stock at the centre too. 



No comments:

Post a Comment